$64,000 emergency relief boost for Jewish House
Social Services Minister Tanya Plibersek: 'This investment means they can continue to stand with Sydneysiders when it is needed most'

The federal government will provide almost $64,000 in additional emergency relief funding to Jewish House following increased demand for services after the Bondi Beach terror attack.
Social Services Minister Tanya Plibersek visited Jewish House in Bondi on Wednesday to announce the funding boost, saying it would ensure the organisation could meet demand for emergency relief assistance and continue to support Jewish residents in Sydney’s eastern suburbs.
“Jewish House has supported Sydney’s Jewish residents and the broader community for decades, and this investment means they can continue to stand with Sydneysiders when it is needed most,” she said.
“We’re proud to boost their vital service so that they can continue to deliver for the community.”
Jewish House CEO Rabbi Mendel Kastel said the organisation had been supporting hundreds of people since the December 14 attack. “There’s been a huge demand for services,” he told The AJN.
comments