Mossad names IRGC commander behind local attacks
"The international community must unite to counter this threat, including with the use of powerful sanctions."
Mossad has identified Sardar Ammar, a senior commander in Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Quds Force, as the mastermind behind the firebombing attacks on Melbourne’s Adass Israel Synagogue and Lewis’ Continental Kitchen in Sydney last year.
According to Mossad, Ammar heads a transnational terror network commanding approximately 11,000 operatives responsible for carrying out covert operations targeting Jewish and Israeli sites around the world. The network has intensified its efforts since the October 7 Hamas attacks.
Australia/Israel & Jewish Affairs Council executive director Colin Rubenstein said the revelations demonstrate the Iranian regime’s dangerous nature.
“This latest revelation is just further evidence of the sinister, evil nature of the Iranian regime,” he said.
“There can be no doubt that the regime is antisemitic to its core, and poses a grave threat to stability not just in the Middle East but across the world. The international community must unite to counter this threat, including with the use of powerful sanctions. These revelations also again underline the importance of the Israeli and US campaign to weaken Iran’s nuclear program and military in June, and how vital it is that the Iranian clerical regime never be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons.”

comments