Iran found to be behind antisemitic arson attacks
ASIO director-general Mike Burgess: 'Iran and its proxies literally and figuratively lit the matches and fanned the flames'

In a bombshell revelation on Tuesday, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese revealed that Iran was behind last year’s Adass Israel Synagogue firebombing and Lewis’ Continental Kitchen arson attacks.
Albanese told a Canberra press conference that it was possible the Islamic Republic was behind other attacks and that Australia was expelling the Iranian Ambassador, suspending operations at its embassy in Tehran, and would finally list Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps as a proscribed terrorist organisation.
“These were extraordinary and dangerous acts of aggression orchestrated by a foreign nation on Australian soil,” Albanese said. “They were attempts to undermine social cohesion and sow discord in our community.”
ASIO director-general Mike Burgess said the agency’s painstaking investigation had uncovered links between the alleged crimes and commanders in Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. The IRGC used a complex web of proxies to hide its involvement, he said.
“Iran and its proxies literally and figuratively lit the matches and fanned the flames,” Burgess said.
comments