UK Jewish securityHatzola ambulances set ablaze in hate attack

King Charles to become patron of major UK Jewish charity

Monarch accepts CST patronage as police investigate antisemitic arson attack on Hatzola ambulances in London.

Britain's King Charles III during a visit to Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation synagogue in Crumpsall, north Manchester, on October 20, 2025. Photo: Chris Jackson / POOL / AFP
Britain's King Charles III during a visit to Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation synagogue in Crumpsall, north Manchester, on October 20, 2025. Photo: Chris Jackson / POOL / AFP

(TIMES OF ISRAEL) Britain’s King Charles III agreed to become the patron of one of the country’s largest Jewish charities a day after a suspected antisemitic arson attack in north London.

The Community Security Trust (CST), which advises Britain’s estimated 280,000 Jews on security matters, said the King had accepted its invitation to be its patron, reflecting the monarch’s “longstanding commitment to promoting tolerance, inclusion and interfaith understanding”.

The patronage was not a direct response to the arson attack and King Charles has a long history of meeting with different faith leaders and promoting interfaith dialogue.

Last year, he visited a synagogue in northern England following a Yom Kippur attack that left two worshippers dead. He said at the time he was “deeply shocked and saddened” and met some of those who had been inside when it took place.

In the early hours of Monday, four ambulances belonging to Jewish organisation Hatzola were set on fire in an attack which UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer said was “deeply shocking”. Police are investigating a possible link to Iran.

You have reached your monthly article limit

You have reached your monthly limit of 3 articles. Do you want to keep reading The Australian Jewish News? Subscribe Now
read more:
comments

Enjoy Unlimited Access To The Australian Jewish News Website And All Our Online Content For AUD$18/month Or Just AUD$120/year.

Subscribe Now