NSW Premier’s vow after neo-Nazi rally
"If we had our time again, that rally wouldn't have taken place,” Premier Chris Minns said on Saturday.

NSW Premier Chris Minns will look to close loopholes that allowed neo-Nazis to spread hatred outside state parliament after a breakdown in communication led to police giving the vile demonstration a green light.
The National Socialist Network members, dressed in black, held a large banner stating “Abolish the Jewish Lobby” and could be heard saying, “The Jewish lobby is one of the most powerful lobbies in Australia. They bribe our politicians, they coerce our politicians”. A Hitler slogan was also chanted.
Condemnation quickly turned to shock when it was revealed the group had applied for, and been granted, permission for the gathering by NSW Police.
Police Commissioner Mal Lanyon told journalists there had been a “breakdown in communication” and the government had not been briefed despite police approving a Form 1 application which was received on October 28.
“I take it very personally, there was a communication error in the police force for which I did not personally know that today’s protest was taking place,” he said on Saturday. “Accordingly, I had not briefed the Minister.”
comments