'Zero place in society'

Police hunt three graffiti suspects

Pro-Hamas slogan mars October 7 anniversary

Police have released CCTV footage of the three suspects. Photo: Victoria Police.
Police have released CCTV footage of the three suspects. Photo: Victoria Police.

Victoria Police have launched an urgent investigation and released CCTV footage of three suspects wanted over a series of brazen graffiti attacks targeting the Jewish community on the anniversary of the October 7 massacre.

Detectives from the Yarra Crime Investigation Unit are appealing for public assistance after three separate incidents in Fitzroy and Northcote early Tuesday morning.

Detective Acting Sergeant Travis Jones said the event had been devastating for the Jewish community and emphasised police are fully committed to finding those responsible.

“This behaviour has zero place in society, with Victoria Police and the AFP working hand in hand to locate and charge the culprits,” he said.

The attacks began at approximately 1:10am when three offenders arrived on foot at a retail store on High Street in Northcote and spray-painted the wall.

You have reached your monthly article limit

You have reached your monthly limit of 3 articles. Do you want to keep reading The Australian Jewish News? Subscribe Now
read more:
comments

Enjoy Unlimited Access To The Australian Jewish News Website And All Our Online Content For AUD$18/month Or Just AUD$120/year.

Subscribe Now