Real solutions for all Victorians
The overarching plan has been developed in collaboration with Victoria's numerous multicultural communities to ensure they are supported and continue to have strong ties with Victoria as it grows and develops.
The Liberals and Nationals are proud to put forward to the Victorian people what is without doubt the most comprehensive policy agenda ever taken to a Victorian election.
For the past four years we have listened to Victorians. For two of those years we shared with you the terrible experience of the pandemic and the damage caused to families, individuals, businesses and our communities by Mr Andrews’ world-record lockdowns.
Together, this listening and shared experiences have helped shape our policy agenda, which is focused around these key points:
• Fix the healthcare crisis without raising taxes
• Put an end to Daniel Andrews’ era of spiralling debt and higher taxes
• Reward hard working Victorian families
• Help small business
• Restore integrity and accountability in government
• Build stronger communities.
We are acutely aware of the level of debt Victoria is facing, and fiscal responsibility is central to our plan. That’s why we have taken the difficult decision to shelve the $35 billion Cheltenham to Box Hill rail line, and instead redirect every available cent to fixing the health crisis.
Our policies and plan are also financially modest, targeted and in some instances time-limited due the constrained fiscal environment we will inherit should we be privileged to be elected to government.
Our plan also celebrates Victoria’s Jewish community’s history, culture and future through targeted commitments across our many multicultural communities.
Victoria is the multicultural capital of Australia, a melting pot of diversity that is championed across the thousands of events and festivals that showcase our society and culture.
Our plan will strengthen our relationship with Victoria’s Jewish community. These multicultural commitments include:
• $50 million over four years to create a multicultural and multi-faith infrastructure fund, the most investment significant in recent times.
• $4 million over four years to assist Victoria’s multicultural communities to source cultural heritage objects and establish a new culture-specific Museum Grants Program.
• $3.3 million to increase the first responder and dispatcher workforce of Hatzolah, on top of our commitment to partner in trialling 120 new community defibrillators and train 1200 volunteers.
• $600,000 to support CSG with an expanded control room, CCTV capability and more trained volunteers, focusing on a new women’s empowerment program.
• $181,000 in partnership with the National Council of Jewish Women of Australia to expand its Caring Mums program.
• An increase to the minimum percentage of state government department and agency advertising expenditure allocated to multicultural media and communications organisations.
• A new Multicultural Charter outlining the government’s commitments to underpinning the overall success of Victoria as a multicultural society.
The overarching plan has been developed in collaboration with Victoria’s numerous multicultural communities to ensure they are supported and continue to have strong ties with Victoria as it grows and develops.
Victoria’s dynamic Jewish community is dedicated to its faith’s rich traditions and interfaith and cross-cultural engagements. It continues to enhance Victoria’s vibrant and diverse landscape, and our trade relations with Israel and the global market.
Only the Liberals and Nationals will commit to supporting our invaluable multicultural community groups.
After eight years of Mr Andrews and Labor, our Real Solutions plan will provide Victoria with the fresh start it needs, and a clear plan for the future.
Matthew Guy is Victorian Opposition Leader.